If you’re interested in registering for my April 24th class please message me on Facebook or E mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(FYI: This class will be filmed as a documentary.) First, thank you for reading my blog. I really appreciate it. I know there’s a million things you could be doing and that you’re spending time from your day in my blog is no small matter to me. I don’t care if I’m laying it on too thick, I really appreciate it. Thank you very much. This is my last class of the year I’ll be taking a break to edit and publish my second novel; so if you’ve been interested in being in my class, now is the time. What I want to share in this blog are the principles and the reason why I’m incorporating them in my class; In everything we do and all the reasons we do them, there’s ‘ONE THING,’ of all these things that will have the greatest impact on YOU and YOUR results!
- Your goals. What are the reasons you’re developing your humor and writing? What do you hope to achieve? Can you see the goal, feel it, envision, sense it, breathe it in? What would be your greatest result in your wildest dreams? How hard are you willing to work for it, rehearse, read, listen, give back, sacrifice? In my class we will laugh. We will be inspired. We will be kind to ourselves and each other but more than anything we will encourage each other and our ONE THING will be to work, work, work to make our goals happen.
- We will write for each other in my class. I’ve always talked about PERSPECTIVE: looking at a premise from other points of view on the circle. This exercise helps us see ideas and possibilities that we never considered and makes us better Stand Ups. Because Stand Up is such a personal experience; it’s a quantum exercise to see our efforts being performed by another person. ( This ONE THING exercise allows us to feel perspective and reflect on the choices someone else makes with our efforts as well as the other person learning from your perspectives. When we experience the value of writing for others in the class we’ll realize the value for writing for an audience!
- STORY: Everything begins and ends with story. We’ll explore the theme within your story and the emotion and the point or punchlines. We revert to the story the medium that connects to an audience and then our audience and to our goals. Our story carries our unique creative DNA and market brand. It’s what allows us to attract our results. Our ONE THING here is letting go of our doubt in ourselves and believing in our bliss.
- Energy: What we feel: fear, insecurity, frustration, certainty, passion or excited: what we truly feel is what connects to an audience and attracts our goals. Our energy our belief in ourselves and our goal will align in our creative habits. Our habits are the actions that create results. The ONE THING you can do to ensure your results is to base your habits on your results.
- Writing: The ONE THING we can do to get the most from our STAND UP WRITING is to mine our honesty. Our truth has emotional gravitational power. Our secrets are what an audience and our humor is starving for. We will be studying: misdirection, sarcasm, tags, running gags and callbacks. All of these joke genres will be predicated on your story. I promise you that you will leave this class with absolute master of your talent.
- This class runs from Monday April 24th to Monday May 29th. The comedy Grad performance will take place Tuesday May 30th. Each class is 7 until 9 PM. All supplies are included. To register please message me on Facebook or E MAIL ME at: paulsveen.ca